This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Edmonton, Canada Visit to NAIT (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology)
Monday, December 05, 2005
I found my visit to Edmonton quite enjoyable. I found the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) planning for changes in fully online and blended learning. They seem to be in a growth spurt and plannning for new 4 year degree programs to go with their 2 year ones. They, of course, face many issues and obstacles such as new faculty who might get tenure and different types of students and expectations.

Fortunately, both my blended learning talk and perfect e-storm talks went well. And I had time to chat with people from their Technology and Curriculum Innovations center. They seem to be struggling with a mandate for experiential learning embedded in their online courses and some faculty do not see experiential forms of instruction fitting with their content. We discussed how a learning centered approach might be the umbrella for many instructional design approaches including an experiential one which they could pick and choose from.

I also met with McGraw-Hill Ryerson people like Joe Saundercock, VP of Partnerships and Business Development, Lara Patrick in i-learning Sales, and Jo-Ann DeLuca, Director of Marketing in Higher Education. It was great that Mc-Graw-Hill could help sponsor my talks here. I may speak to their sales reps in San Fran in early January and attend a meeting in Toronto with them on February 2nd when I am up there for the Ontario Library Association meeting.

All in all, 2 trips to Alberta in a little over a week turned out great. I had much fun and the talks went well. I can thank Bill Fricker from NAIT for his wonderful support (and driving me where I wanted to go) and BJ Eib from the University of Calgary for her help the week b4. The University of Calgary (learning commons) people have asked to sync my talks up in Breeze with the audio and the slides and let people replay them so they can have more intense discussions about blended learning and that is cool.
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 10:53 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger harpreet said…

    good morning
    i am a mechanical student
    i want to know about your institute but am unable to understand
    can you please send me a link of your institute
    thanking you
    harpreet singh

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We have a few college students online from college of Indiana-Institute-of-Technology and we love your blog postings, so well add your rss or news feed for them, Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanks Jen, Blog Manager Indiana-Institute-of-Technology

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The northern alberta institute is pretty impressive cause the make a lot of research very fascinated and the tecnology that they have is very clever.
    pulmonary embolism diagnosis is one of the most impressive research

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER