This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
A Week of BookTrib Blogging on the World Is Open book
Monday, August 10, 2009
Some of you may be wondering why I have not posted to my blog in over a week. One reason is the passing of Mike Reed. But I actually have been blogging; you may not be aware of them since they are at another blog site.

You see, my publicist, Meryl Moss, featured my book, World Is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education, at her BookTrib website 1-2 weeks ago. Each week, she features 5 books and gives them away in random drawings. In the past they have featured:

1. O’S Big Book of Happiness, from the editors of O, the Oprah Magazine
2. Lone Start by Alan Weisman
3. Gravedigger by Peter Grandbois
4. The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
5. The Reincarnationist by MJ Rose
6. The Fat Smash Diet by Ian K. Smith, M.D.
7. The Complete Beck Diet for Life by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D.
8. On My Own Two Feet by Manisha Thakor, MBA, CFA & Sharon Kedar, MBA, CFA
…and much, much more!

Had I been more prompt in posting, you could have won my book just by stopping by the BookTrib site. Sorry about that.

Well now, you might be wondering exactly what is BookTrib. According to the BookTrib site, “BookTrib is a full service portal dedicated to bringing all the news, blog sites, and information about books, writers, and readers under one link. One place to stay up-to-date about the world of books and everything related to them. If it's about books, it's on BookTrib."

Meryl Moss explained to be that: “We started BookTrib originally to create a community of and for booklovers—readers! Now there is a one-stop spot for all things book-related! Our BookTrib giveaway has had over 170,000 entries since we began. Have a look and join the community.”

In late July and early August, I did a series of blog posts in BookTrib related to my new book “The World Is Open.”

I was slow getting in, so my publicist began with a blog post that was a press release we had done.

The growing trend of the open-source movement will change the future of college education. . .” July 27, 2009,

But then I started to post. First I reflected on the free and open educational world of today and what it was like more than 2 decades ago as I prepared for graduate school days at Wisconsin. So much has changed since then. Terms such as Open Educational Resources (OER) and OpenCourseWare (OCW) did not exist then. And "open education" was not so widely used outside the Open University of the UK.

Blog Post #1.Free and Open Education Today, Not Like Yesterday” by Curt Bonk, July 29, 2009.

Next, I detailed who the educational world was not open for and when they might jump into it.

Blog Post #2.Just Who is the World Open For and When?” by Curt Bonk, July 30, 2009.

In my third blog post at BookTrib I described the history of my World is Open book and how it came to be.

Blog Post #3.The Unfolding of an Open Book.” by Curt Bonk, July 31, 2009.

I ended my BookTrib blogging with a three-part post that detailed 20+ ways to access someone’s email account or obtain contact information of important people whom you might want to interview for such a book.

Blog Post #4.A World of Open Contacts: 20+ Ways to Exercise Your Digital Risk Muscle, Pt. I” by Curt Bonk, August 3, 2009.

Blog Post #5.A World of Open Contacts: 20+ Ways to Exercise Your Digital Risk Muscle, Pt. 2” by Curt Bonk, August 4, 2009.

Blog Post #6.A World of Open Contacts: 20+ Ways to Exercise Your Digital Risk Muscle, Pt. 3” by Curt Bonk, August 5, 2009.

Enjoy those blog posts. And do check out BookTrib again down the road. It is a pretty cool place for us book lovers!
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 12:49 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Curt Bonk said…

    Well, I am just happy people like you can get useful information from it Rozy.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER