This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Now I need some book publishing advice!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Ok, I have written an educational extension of Thomas Friedman's "The World is Flat." I have spend the past year in near seclusion to do it (e.g., no TV, no international travel, and no beer (ouch)) and I have run everyday for the past 13 months. My feet are very sore but getting better with extra pads. It is a long book. This has been the most difficult project of my life. Still, I got to meet dozens of people from around the planet whom I would not otherwise have met. I cover ten key technology trends in the book (e.g., e-books, online learning, wireless and mobile learning, virtual worlds and gaming, open and free software, etc.). This is my title: "The World is Open: Now WE-ALL-LEARN with Web Technology."

I am now about to send the manuscript off for review. I have contacted a couple of publishers who are interested in reading it. I would like to know if anyone has any publisher friends, agents, or contacts whom they might recommend to me. I am particularly looking for a publisher who is innovative, willing to work with me on alternative ways of publishing (e.g., YouTube promos, Kindle, blogs, e-books, PDF of document, etc.).

I have had 11 reviews of the book from colleagues and friends (biased I know) and they have all come back great. I am not able to share anymore at this time; however, if you want to know more, just send me an email (cjbonk@indiana.edu). Thanks so much.

Once published, I hope to blog 1,000 words of the book per day until it is up as an e-book. Thoughts?
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 6:09 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger James Moore said…

    Have you considered self-publishing through Lulu? (http://www.lulu.com/)

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Curt Bonk said…

    Yes, and there is also BookSurge. But I think I have a few publishers interested now.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger shegstrom said…

    I think blogging the book until it is released on line is a great idea. Just finished The World is Flat and loved it. Am hoping you get published, would love to read from a more educational perspective. Can we get a snippit of the book anywhere?

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Curt Bonk said…

    Just write me an email and I am happy to send you a piece. Send to cjbonk@indiana.edu. Tell me your interests first.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Curt Bonk said…

    Shegstrom: I see you are at Plymouth State University in New Hampshire. I speak there on Wednesday the 27th of August. See you there perhaps. Small world.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER