This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Adding Some TEC-VARIETY Book is Now Free in Chinese...Thank you BNU!
Friday, March 27, 2015
Well, my "Adding Some TEC-VARIETY: 100+ Activities for Motivating and Retaining Learners Online" book with Dr. Elaine Khoo has now been downloaded over 40,000 times. This is awesome news. Many wonderful reader reactions and book endorsements have been received. The book came out in early May of 2014 so, if you do the math, there have been more than 4,000 people downloading it each month. Wow! And people ask me why I made it free to the world. This is why! Impact. Use. New friends. Connections. Feedback. Etc.

But even more significant is that my friends at Beijing Normal University (BNU) have finished translating it to Chinese a few weeks ago and so it is available for free in both English and Chinese. Already more than 1,200 people have downloaded the Chinese version. I will visit BNU at the end of my six city speaking tour of China (including Hong Kong) in June. I am looking forward to seeing many places and meeting many old friends and making loads of new ones.

Feel free to share the news about the free e-book with others. Remember that each chapter is also available to download in English and you can get paperback copies from Amazon. I am in discussions to have a print version in Chinese. Hopefully, I can make an announcement soon.

Spanish will hopefully be coming soon thanks to my friends at Universidad Da Vinci in Mexico. I think one of my doctoral students will be translating a chapter or two or three to Arabic this semester. Let's see what other languages come out in the coming year.

Labels: , , , , ,

Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 10:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER