New blog layout and e-learning in Thailand (can you say "Oum"?)
| Sunday, December 09, 2007
|1. New blog look and feel: Ok, whatcha all think of my new blog layout? I tightened it up a bit and adopted the style of Cool Cat Teacher, Vicky Davis (see http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/).
I got her blessing and approval before doing this, of course. And she asked to post a link to my new Facebook group “Bonkian YouTubian Researchian” for my YouTube research: http://indiana.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6703696942. If you are not into Facebook, just go here to participate: http://trainingshare.com/video/
2. E-Learning Conference in Bangkok: I was in Bangkok almost exactly a year ago for an e-learning conference. It was a fabulous time there! My friend, Ta Boonseng, a doctoral student from the University of Missouri, brought me there. I will see Ta in St. Louis next Sunday for my birthday and the Packers-Rams football game. I have been a Green Bay Packer fan since I will a little kid. St. Louis is only 4 hours away so not too bad. That will be a ton of fun! Ta, is great--he had bands from 6 pubs sing happy birthday to me last year on December 16th on my bday. He also had the entire conference sing happy bday to me. The previous week I was in Taiwan, so it was quite the trip! If you want to read more about that TravelinEdMan adventure, go to this blog post: http://travelinedman.blogspot.com/2006_12_22_archive.html
I love Thailand--they sing very nicely there! Smile. Yesterday, my friend, Oum, in Bangkok, Thailand asked me to mention her great e-learning conference and workshop coming up in March in Bangkok as well as Pattaya, Thailand. Oum, also known as Dr. Amornvan Limsommut is the Director of e-Learning Center at Suan Dusit Rajabhat University in Bangkok. She is a wonderful coordinator of this conference with much passion, energy, and creative marketing for the field of e-learning. If you want more information, just contact Oum; her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details are provided below. It will be a great time of year to go to Thailand! Bring your swimsuits...ok! I may go. Not yet determined. Here is the information you need:
“International conference and workshop on e-Learning strategies: Edutainment & Exhibition on e-Learning product and service providers” March 7th–11th, 2008* Bangkok and Pattaya, Thailand
* Conference date 7th and 9th March 2008 in Bangkok
* Workshop date 10th – 11th March 2008 in Pattaya
organized by e-Learning Center, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, Thailand
The theme of the event serves a multi-disciplinary forum for the discussion and exchange of information on both research, development, and applications related to e-Learning in both theoretical and technological perspectives, edutainment, hardware, software development, digital content, instructional design, LMS, LCMS, Mobile Learning, system integration Standard, Communication and collaboration etc.
***All topics about e-Learning are welcome***
- International Conference on e-Learning strategies: Edutainment
-Exhibition and Showcase on e-Learning product and service providers both freeware and commercial
- e- Learning Network Building Workshop on collaborative and teamwork building in beautiful Koh Larn, Pattaya which has so far been a traveler paradise. It is truly a sought-after island for enthusiasts of coral snorkeling, sheer white sandy beaches and cerulean blue sea - an image of Andaman Sea.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING YOUR PAPERS, DO NOT MISS THE DEADLINES!
Call for papers and participations:
* Abstract submission deadline: 13th January 2008
* Full-paper submission deadline: 3rd February 2008
Registration: Deadline: 29th Feb 2008.
Registration can be made online or download the form to complete offline at http://www.elearning.dusit.ac.th/conference2008/
Fees: Type Early-bird Registration fee
Activity A USD 120 (until 31st January 2008) USD 150(since 1st February 2008)
Activity B USD 400 (until 31st January 2008) USD 500 (since 1st February 2008)
Activity A (3 days Conference in Bangkok, Thailand):
Fee includes Conference registration fee, 3 lunches, 5 coffee breaks, a welcome cruise dinner, Bangkok sightseeing tour and a conference proceedings.
Activity B (2 days Workshop at Pattaya: Kho Larn Island, Thailand):
Fee includes 1 Night 5 star hotel with Breakfast, lunch and dinner, all transportations, all sessions of workshop.
Note: The organizer reserves the right to cancel Activity B if the number of registered participants for Activity B is less than 25. In such case, full refund will be provided.
* Keynote Speakers
* Invited Panels/Speakers
* Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
* Workshops on e-Learning network building (at Kho Larn, Pattaya)
* Executive meeting on sharing e-Learning Products and services
Recommended Accommodation for the Conference:
Suan Dusit Place Hotel (right at the conference venue): http://www.dusitplace.com
** We offer reservation service at this hotel upon your registration **
Register now at http://www.elearning.dusit.ac.th/conference2008
Please visit the conference site at http://www.elearning.dusit.ac.th/conference2008
e-Learning Center, Suan Dusit Rajabhat University,
295 Ratchasima Rd.
Dusit, Bangkok, Thailand, 10300
Tel: +(66 2) 244-5315
Mobile: +(66 8) 9814-1020
Fax: +(66 2) 244-5315
Enjoy the conference and Bangkok if you go.